Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Rainy Day Inspiration

Just as kindergarten entered the music room, the skies opened and it began to POUR! It was so beautiful to both see and hear, we stopped everything, turned off the lights and walked silently over to the windows to look out over our playground.


When we came back as a group to the circle, friends were asked, "What sounds did you hear?"

"I heard click, click, clicking."

"I heard the wind."

"I heard the rain."

"I heard the drops on the leaves."

"I heard shhhhhhhh!"

Friends were then asked what instruments they thought might be good to represent all of the wonderful sounds they heard outdoors. They chose:

Rain sticks

The gong

Rhythm Sticks

Shaker eggs

Drums

Keisha conducted them for the first rain storm. Then, kindergarten friends took a turn being the conductor. It was a beautiful Rain Symphony!














No comments:

Post a Comment