Thursday, December 1, 2016

Introducing AFS Lower School Winter Program 2016

The Peaceable Kingdom:
Lessons for a Loving Heart

This year’s AFS Lower School Winter Program, The Peaceable Kingdom: Lessons for a Loving Heart, will feature a collection of stories with life lessons. Our stories hail from Belgium, China and the United States. We will share an eclectic array of music from folk to pop to dance music, and some fun dances, too!

In keeping with our new tradition of singing together as a community at the end of the program, we invite all families  to join us on the choruses of our final song,  A Beautiful Day by India Arie . You can find the song here

Please see the lyrics to the chorus below. I will be sending hard copies of the lyrics home with students as well, per their request!

We look forward to sharing our stories with you from our magical book and reflecting on what we can all do to be a light in the world.

Yours in Music, 

Keisha Hirlinger

Chorus-ALL

Early in the morning

It's the dawn of a new day
New hopes, new dreams, new ways
I open up my eyes and
I open up my mind and
I wonder how life will surprise me today



Early in the morning

It's the dawn of a new day
New hopes, new dreams, new ways
I open up my heart and
I'm gon' do my part and
Make this a positively beautiful day


No comments:

Post a Comment