Friday, June 5, 2015

Introducing the AFS Lower School Math website

Lots of parents have asked me how they can help their child keep his or her math skills sharp over the summer.  There are lots of ways, including math games (such as Set, 24, Blink), math worksheets, and online math practice games and activities.

To help you sort through the many math game websites out there, I have compiled a number of sites that I think are worthwhile in one location... the new AFS Lower School Math website.  I am very excited about this site, and I hope that you (and your children) are too!


Earlier in the week, the second and third graders served as "website reviewers" and played a variety of games.  I asked them to write down which games they loved, liked and didn't like as much, both so they could get comfortable with the new site and that they would feel some ownership over its creation.





No comments:

Post a Comment