Tuesday, March 3, 2015

First Grade Post Office

Stamps for sale!
The First Grade Post Office is up and running through Spring Break.
It has been exciting seeing the Middle and Upper School students participate in our Post Office. Last week the Upper School French class wrote letters to First Graders about our hero research and sent them via our first grade mail system. The letters were in both English and French. They wrote about some of the heroes they had connections to and shared interesting facts. Then the French students met with all of the First Graders at lunch to continue this wonderful connection. 
Below are some photos of their visit and examples of some of their letters.






Dear Kendall,  Hi! My name is Jessica. My teacher told me that you like Nelson Madela and I like him, too! I like him because he never lost hope. He is very important to the South African people and he helped the country a lot. I hope that the life of Mandela always inspires you. Best, Jess



Dear Anjali, My name is Cora and I am a senior in the Upper School. I was told that Michelle Obama is your hero and wanted to tell you that I like Michelle and her actions too. I think she is noble for creating programs for healthy diets and encourages going outside to play. I also love her fashion sense! I can't wait to meet you so we can talk about Michelle! Sincerely, Cora

To the children (Matthew and Patrese) who chose Benjamin Franklin... Thank you for choosing Benjamin Franklin as your hero! I am going to let you in on a little secret: Ben is a personal hero of mine as well! I really admire his playfulness and how carefree he was during the Revolution in the face of danger. Did you know his favorite color was deep pink and green?It is my deepest hope that you follow in his footsteps and continue being as creative as your stamps say you are. 

Au Revoir! Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment